Welcome to Speech!
Thank you for "stopping by". It is my goal to help each of your students with their speech and/or language in order for them to be the best they can be! Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any questions, comments, or just to say hi!
I have known that I wanted to be a speech-language pathologist since I was in sixth grade! After graduating from Manalapan High School, I attended Florida State University where I received a bachelor of science in communication sciences and disorders. I then earned my Masters of Science degree from Seton Hall University. Before starting my tenure in Marlboro, I worked at the Children's Center of Monmouth County where I learned so much about students with all different kinds of special needs. This is my tenth year working in Marlboro, and my seventh school year at Dugan! I am truly blessed to have a job doing something I love and am equally passionate about! At home I have two little kids; My six year old daughter, Emery, and my two year old son, Camden.
Message to Parents:
- Children may be enrolled in speech classes if their speech and/or language adversely affect their educational performance for remediation of Articulation, Voice, Stuttering, Language or Hearing Impairments.
- A child may be referred by a parent or teacher.
- The child's speech and/or language must impact on their educational performance in order to be eligible for services.
- Should you have any questions about the process for referrals or wish to discuss your child's current program please feel free to contact me so that we can set up an appointment.
- Speech and language goals are most successful when there is carryover at home. Activities have been posted which can be practiced at home. Please watch for articles and links to websites targeting specific topics in speech and language development. I hope these links and information sites will provide you with a better understanding of your child's program and ideas for carryover at home.
- Please make sure that I have your must current e-mail and other contact information so that I can continue to stay in touch regarding your child's speech program.
New Incoming Students:
- If your child already has a Speech Only IEP or Service Plan from an outside agency, please call me to set up an appointment to review your child's program and establish a Marlboro Township IEP.
- Please feel free to speak to me regarding any of your concerns about your child's speech and language skills via email, phone call or through your child's speech notebook.
Message to Students:
Don't forget to bring home your speech notebooks so that you can continue to practice your skills at home!